All eyes rest on Copenhagen as “World Food Summit – Better Food for More People” kicks off in late August
18 -27 August the Danish capital of Copenhagen will be host to hundreds of events focusing on food during the annual Copenhagen Cooking & Food Festival. Throughout the week, participants will be able to taste, experience, and engage in talks and events focusing on food.
The highlight of the festival is the “World Food Summit – Better Food for More People” held on 24-25 August. The international summit is hosted by the Danish Minister of Environment and Food, Esben Lunde Larsen, with attendance by, among others Her Royal Highness Princess Marie of Denmark as well as world-famed Chef René Redzepi, founder of the New Nordic Cuisine-movement and world famous restaurant Noma. Leading decision-makers from global food producers such as Nestlé, McDonald’s, Campbell Soup Company, as well as IKEA and Alibaba will also take part, along with ministers and government representatives from countries such as the USA, China, Germany, Japan, India and South Africa.
- Global food challenges are only solvable, if we unleash the full potential of gastronomy. For the 2nd consecutive year World Food Summit “Better Food for More People” will bring leading chefs, food producers, and political decision-makers together in an international forum that offers qualified answers, says Esben Lunde Larsen.
- I look forward to once again welcoming likeminded stakeholders with a true commitment to push forward the agenda on sustainable development within production and consumption of food and essentially healthy lives in the global society, he continues.
The four main themes of this year’s food summit are: Better Information, Safer Food, Food Diversity and Prevention of Food Waste.
World Food Summit gives rise to unique food exhibition
This year, the World Food Summit sees the addition of a brand new food trade exhibition appropriately dubbed “Bite Copenhagen” which takes place on 24-25 August at Forum Copenhagen. On the first day, Bite Copenhagen will see participation from the World Food Summit participants, as well as food industry professionals and gastronomic enthusiasts from the international culinary scene.
At Bite Copenhagen 100 innovative Danish and international exhibitors will be showcasing the newest solutions and discuss trends on topics such as how to provide better food for more people via education, prevention of food waste, food technology, packaging, superfoods, sustainable eating, organic produce, veganism, recycling, climate protection, and much more.
- Bite Copenhagen offers a unique platform to showcase and manifest the newest in food, technology and innovation, and the partnership behind the exhibition emphasizes how strong the synergy between political, practical and public interests are, when it comes to future food solutions, says Director of Exhibition Development - BC Hospitality Group, Malina Lebrecht Hye.
- On top, Copenhagen is thriving with world-class gastronomy and new food concepts that are constantly challenging status quo, making the city an ideal venue for Bite Copenhagen, and we are delighted to host this new platform for the innovative food industry, Ms. Lebrecht Hye adds.
Food exhibition and summit flavored with Copenhagen Cooking & Food Festival
World Food Summit - Better Food for More People and Bite Copenhagen coincide with the much-celebrated Copenhagen Cooking & Food Festival.
At Copenhagen Cooking & Food Festival you can expect dining experiences, which will not only please your taste buds but also your mind and emotions.
From 18 - 27 August you can take part in more than 100 food events all over Copenhagen and enjoy unique dining experiences created by some of the world's most famous chefs like Anna Sophie Pic (Maison Pic✰✰✰, France), Dominique Creen (Atelier Crenn✰✰, USA), Hideaki Sato, (Ta Vie ✰✰, Hong Kong), Esben Holmboe Bang, (Maaemo ✰✰✰, Norway), Danny Bowien (Mission Chinese Food, USA), Jock Zonfrillo (Orana, Australia) og Sean Brock (Husk, USA).
Then add Danish top chefs like Rasmus Kofoed (Geranium), René Redzepi (Noma), Christian F. Puglisi (Relæ), Adam Aamann (Aamanns), Thomas Rohde (Former Kong Hans), Mads Refslund (Former Noma, MR and Acme) etc. and you got some of the most talented, influential and creative chefs gathered together in 10 days for the 2017 edition of Copenhagen Cooking & Food Festival.
- We have a clear ambition that the festival should be a must-visit for anyone interested in gastronomy and food. Also people outside the Danish borders. Therefore, we are extremely pleased that we are able to attract such great gastronomic stars to our festival. It emphasizes that Copenhagen is a city with world-class restaurants and chefs. A place that chefs, from all over the world, visit to find new inspiration, says Stine Lolk, festival director at Copenhagen Cooking & Food Festival.
We invite the media to join!
Media interested in attending this year’s World Food Summit are cordially invited to join the official event, and visit Bite Copenhagen for a scheduled tour on Thursday, 24 August at 16.30 – 17.30, where the World Food Summit participants also are present. At both events, there will be ample opportunity to engage with participants for viewpoints and outlooks on future food trends and solutions.
For media accreditation to the World Food Summit – Better Food for More People, please register right here. Note that there is a limited number of press slots for the different events. Deadline for signup is Tuesday, 15 August.
Visiting Bite Copenhagen also requires media registration, so please make sure to sign up for one of the most inventive international food exhibitions turning up in 2017 right here.
To experience the Copenhagen Cooking & Food Festival please see the official program here.
Danish Ministry of Environment and Food
Head of Department Marie Louise Flach de Neergaard, Danish Ministry of Environment and Food, +45 6198 8414, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Press secretary Jonatan Lykke-Olesen, +45 9359 7082, e-mail: email@example.com
Press secretary Ming Ou Lü, +45 2077 0459, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copenhagen Cooking & Food Festival
Head of Press, Stephen Haar, +45 2285 1343, e-mail: email@example.com
Highlights from the Copenhagen food scene this August:
- WFS Potluck dinner, 23 August, 18.00-21.00. Attendance by the Minister of Environment and Food Esben Lunde Larsen.
- Tour of Bite Copenhagen, 24 August, 16.30-17.30. Attendance by Her Royal Highness Princess Marie of Denmark, the Minister of Environment and Food Esben Lunde Larsen, , CEO of BC Hospitality Group A/S Allan. L. Agerholm plus all delegates from the World Food Summit.
- Award ceremony of ‘Organic Cuisine Label’ – presentation of no. 2000 Danish eatery to achieve the prestigious diploma, 24 August, 16.50-17.00. Minister of Environment and Food Esben Lunde Larsen will present the award during his speech at Bite Copenhagen.